Friday, June 15, 2012

A small bump on the road

Went to the local photo shop yesterday, to pick up my first two rolls of film. Apparently the negatives had been processed, but their printer didn't work - and the people servicing it were not able to fix it right away. So I did what every other rational person would do - I gave him another roll to process, and bought three 24exp Superia 200.

The latest roll being processed is from the FT-1. I kinda quick snapped my way thru it, as the meter isn't displaying correctly and I just needed to make sure if it was actually reading the exposure right. I switched between in-camera metering and manual via a Iphone app.

One does feel a bit akward running around pointing the iphone at something - NOT taking a picture, and then using the ancient relic instead. I have yet to warm up to the FT-1, if it turns out the meter is working, it will help a lot though.

Next body to get a fresh roll, is the Konica Autoreflex TC. Found some hearing aid batteries that seem to work fine with the meter. Not that all the bodies are in agreement about the EV all the time, but they seem to be in the same ball park. I love the feel of the front leaher on the TC - it's soft to the touch - not hard like the other ones. If only it used 1.5v cells and had aperture priority. The Konicas use a slightly different way of showing correct exposure. You either use them in auto, or shutter priority. The display then reads out what F-stop you should use. Takes a bit of getting used to.

I hope the photos get printed next week.

No comments: