Tuesday, July 31, 2012

"I might buy a negative scanner" he said

I did buy a negative scanner, he did. Looked at a Plustek Opticfilm 8100, but a few reviews pointed me in the direction of a Reflecta Crystal Scan 7200 instead. 10% more money, but hardware based dust removal, which appears to be a big deal... Why a negative scanner? Simple math. For the price equivalent of getting 15 rolls of film scanned by the shop, I can buy my self a neat scanner and do it for free. Most likely with a better result as well.

It turns out that printed images, actually meet the same fate as digital ones. You look at them, and then archive them. So I might as well sort in those I get printed anyhow.

Camera of the week, a Minolta XG-M with 50mm 1.7, 28mm 2.8 and 80-200 zoom. Speaking of Minolta, the SRT101 I got for free with the X300 is just wonderfull. Love it. No working meter, but its something I enjoy just handling... simple mind I guess.

Oh, I've sold something as well - but it wasn't part of the analog group...

No comments: